CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Seeds


There is an interesting portion in in the book "As a Man Thinketh" that talks about our minds. The entire book is very deep and thought provoking. Now that I have this book on my iPod, I can listen to it over and over and get the information to sink in a little deeper each time.

One part that is really jumping out at me right now is the part about mind "seed". Our minds are like a garden. It says that seed is always being planted in the garden all the time. If we are putting good things (ideas, knowledge, information, etc.) or seeds in our mind then those seeds will eventually sprout and grow into good plants in our minds.

On the flip-side, if we aren't planting anything in our minds, then weed seed will be planted. And eventually that weed seed will sprout and grow into bigger weeds.

This is a challenge for me to always be aware of what is being planted in my mind. If I'm not planting anything, then rest assured the weeds are going to move in.

0 comments: