CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 29, 2007

Listen


"Why do so many close-minded people open their mouths so much?"

I saw this question on a bumper sticker the other day and it really reminded me of the importance to listening more than I talk. Along with listening it is important to realize there are just of a handful of real truths in the world. Truths that God put in place. Sowing and reaping for example is one of those truths.


There are so many other things that we tend to think are true or right that we get so closed off to anyone else's opinion on the matter. The last couple years I have opened myself up to so many things that I previously would have disregarded as "wrong" or "un-true". I have essentially opened up my mind. Now don't get worried. I'm not experimenting with drugs or joining a cult. Nothing like that. I've just simply opened myself up to many different thinking and ideas, which then leads to other ideas and other thoughts. Then I can make my own decisions based on so much more information.

Learning in life is a process not a destination. It's a journey that too many people stop doing. I encourage you to open up your mind and talk less . . . you might learn something. ;)

0 comments: