CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Extra

You know what I love about filling up my vehicle at the gas station? No, it's not the fact that I'm funding some oil executive's retirement by paying 4 freakin' dollars every gallon. What I like about filling up is when I am finished pumping, I leave the nozzle in the gas tank. Then by tilting the hose just right another ounce or two of gas trickles into my gas tank. Free gas baby!

This little extra gas that I don't have to pay for makes the whole experience of getting raped at the pump almost tolerable. I can put $75 worth of gas into my tank but for some reason getting just a little free gas at the end takes the sting away.

In our relationships we have this ability. No, not give our friends more gas than what they are expecting. That's gross. What I'm talking about is giving just a little extra something in the relationship. A little extra care, a little note card in the mail, a short voicemail telling them that you've been thinking about them, a quick prayer for a friend, etc. The little extra effort that goes a long ways in making a good relationship - great.

0 comments: