CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happiness


I just started to read the book Maximum Achievement by Brian Tracy and even though I am only 30 pages into it, there are some really good nuggets that I would like to pass along.

"First, I learned that if I didn't commit to achieving my own happiness, no one else would. If my aim in life was only to make others happy, I would always be at the mercy of the feelings of others, whoever they might be. And I found that trying to organize my life around making others happy was an unending exercise in frustration and disappointment, because it just wasn't possible.

Second, I discovered that I couldn't give away what I didn't have. I couldn't make someone else happy by being miserable myself. As Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't help the poor by becoming one of them." I found that I couldn't make others happy unless I could make myself happy first."

0 comments: