CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Actions

The other day I was on a plane and I saw a lady spill a drink all over the groin of another passenger. About 30 minutes after we reached our cruising altitude when the pilot told us we could tilt our seats back to enjoy the ride....and about 5 minutes after our complimentary beverages were served, I witnessed the lady quickly tilt her chair back. The man sitting behind her had his drink resting on the tray table. The sudden jerk of the lady's seat caused this guy's drink to spill all over his lap.

The man was irritated with what happened and quickly began scrounging for napkins to absorb the liquid. I handed him the napkins, because I'm a nice guy. I didn't help him clean up however, I'm not that nice of a guy.

What was interesting about this little incident is that the woman that caused the wet groin had no idea what she had done. She just rested her tired little head and tired little eyes and was able to nap the rest of the flight. She had no worries in the world. Totally unaware of they mayhem she had caused. In fact, she will go her whole life not knowing what happened on that plane ride.

This made me realize that our actions do have an affect to those around us. What we say, how we act, what we do . . . it all matters to those we come into contact with. It even matters to those we may never meet again. The challenge for me is to positively affect those around me. Make it such a part of my personality that I don't even have to think about it.

0 comments: