CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 16, 2007

Complaining

We've all had them. Your conversation begins with an innocent, "How's it going." . . . but ends up with you being forced to listen to how much someone hates their job. Or maybe you get an earful on how someone's kid is acting up in school. And the worst (in my humble opinion) is listening to someone go on and on about a unexplained rash, chigger bite, boil, infected toenail, or ingrown hair.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to hearing about someone else's problems. And the really frustrating thing for me is that I find myself complaining to other people! Oh, I don't do it all the time, at least I don't think I do . . . but every now and again I notice myself taking the conversations towards the complaint department, making them listen to my own personal woes.

I heard one time that when you complain, "80% of people don't care and the other 20% are glad you are having problems!"

I'm working on always trying to be positive. Especially in my conversations with people. If I at least act positive then the hope is that I become more positive. Wouldn't we all rather leave a conversation with someone who was positive? Instead of leaving it knowing about all that person's problems. Yuck! Let's quit our complaining and focus on being positive! What do you say!?

0 comments: